info.eyesofachildphotography.com | 301.325.8290 | serving the MD|DC Metro Area



Thank you for your interest I am currently on maternity leave until March of 2010. If you would like to book a session please send an email to info@eyesofachildphotography.com or book using the link at the bottom of the blog. I will only be taking 4-6 sessions for the first few months so space is very limited! If you have previously sent an email and have not received a response as of Friday January 22nd please resend your question. Having been on bed rest for so long some communications have been lost in the shuffle! I look forward to the opportunity to work with you and your families!

~ Christine Lillard | info@eyesofachildphotography.com | 301.325.8290

Thursday

Remembering Rob

Today marks the 3yr anniversary of Robs death. I'm sure as the day goes on it's going to get harder before it gets easier. I plan to stay busy. Although I haven't made any actual plans, just in case I want to hide under the covers all day and just snuggle my beautiful babies. I swear sometimes that's better than therapy!

Rob was my big brother in all aspects of the word. My protector, my confidant, my security. At 6 foot something he was a big presence but would never hurt a fly, always a peace maker, gentle, and funny. The Rob I knew loved "Alabama" Travis Tritt and numerous other country artists, which always drove me crazy..I swore off country pretty young...although since he's been gone I have found myself listening and understanding how he could like it :D He watched cheesy shows, loved cartoons, CHIPS, the A-Team. again all things that as I kid I harassed him about :P He loved his friends and was always the one to jump up and help anyone. He was in marching band, despite his hearing loss he excelled at it. He was a giant, goofy, caring, teddy bear. He fell in love with Crystal he loved her and her gorgeous girls, he chased her for a long time before she said yes :) Then came his beautiful babies. He was so proud to be a daddy. He did everything he could for them. I wish he could be here to watch them grow.

I'm so lucky he was a part of my life. When he first passed away it all seemed so unbearable. I could not get past the pain to remember all the wonderful things about his life. I'm so grateful I'm able to see all the wonderful memories now. It doesn't make his loss any easier...just different.

Miss you, love you, but most of all cherish the time I had with you!

It's been 2 long years :(

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/local/obituaries_purchase_run.htm?obitid=18835

Mr. Robert Douglas Shuck, 31, of Frederick died on Sunday, February 12, 2006 at Frederick Memorial Hospital. He was the husband of Crystal E. Hitchcock Shuck, his wife of 10 years.

Born on June 6, 1974, in Cumberland, he was the son of Bruce Dewrood and Melissa Anne Maples Shuck of Sabillasville. He was plumber for David Stang & Son in Damascus and also had worked for CSC in Clarksburg and Tech Data in Frederick. Mr. Shuck was a 1993 graduate of Catoctin High School where he excelled in music as a member of the marching and jazz bands. He was an avid Ford Mustang enthusiast, but most of all loved spending time with his family.

Surviving are 4 children, Christy Akowskey, Karrie Akowskey, Shelby Shuck and Trenton Shuck all of Frederick; a sister, Chrissi Lillard and husband Jack of Myersville; maternal grandmother, Rita J. Maples of Glen Burnie; paternal grandmother Norma Flanagan and husband Fred of Rawlings, Md.; sister-in-law, Ramona Frounfelter and husband Ronald of Thurmont; and his mother-in-law, Sarah Gray of Walkersville; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. Mr. Shuck was preceded in death by brother, Michael James Shuck.

1 comment:

sara-anne said...

I loved the way that you remembered him on your blog. My mom and grandmother were killed last year (almost a year ago) in a car accident and I've been trying to figure out to honor her on my blog. I had documented the whole ordeal but didn't want to rehash it all...I love what you did.